Everybody has ever heard of this genetics; Critical, or Kritikal Bilbo, is a classic among classics. A marijuana seed strain, regularly grown by everybody – from sybarites, the most advanced growers, to those beginners getting to know about cannabis grows. Unique flavor and effect – it has made a difference among many stoners; haven’t you tasted it yet? What are you waiting for?
- 1 KRITIKAL BILBO, STORY AND ORIGIN
- 2 GENETIC EVOLUTION
- 3 HOW TO GROW IT
- 4 DATA SHEET, KEYS TO ITS SUCCESS
- 5 Canna lab pic, with a real analysis of a Bilbo bud, provided by Genethik.
- 6 OUR BILBO, KRITIKAL PURPLE
- 7 AWARDS AND CUPS WON BY KRITIKAL BILBO
KRITIKAL BILBO, STORY AND ORIGIN
In 2000, cannabis world listened to this name for the first time – it was never forgotten; a group of growers, living in the Spanish city of Bilbo, Critical Mass lovers, worked on a cross-breeding between an Afghan strain and the original Skunk strain.
They kept planting Critical Mass – from Mr. Nice bank – continuously; in 2000, they noticed a different Critical strain: Kritikal Bilbo; originally, that specimen was very difficult to sprout out – flimsy look, slow growth, initially stacked, about to die. However, differently from most of the growers, Bilbo fellows kept taking care of it, feeding it and pampering it; they were not so hopeful on quality product from that plant, but it started flowering.
After growth stage – during initial flowering, Bilbo fellows realized that plant was special, unique, so they were not supposed to let its DNA disappear; the fragrance from its buds overwhelmed all the growing room, so the smells from all its sisters faded.
Hopefully, its caretakers immediately knew it was a preserving strain; they started to produce feminized seeds and cuttings from that plant, so they managed to perpetuate Kritikal Bilbo genetics. Its fame spread like wildfire; everybody in Bilbo – in Bocho area – wanted this genetics in his growing closet: Kritikal Bilbo legend had started.
That slow-growth, flimsy plant kept improving; Darwin’s law did the rest, the weakest strains got discarded, its DNA got more stable day after day, faster growth, more productive… But always with its initial famous flavor and smell, perfect Kritikal Bilbo started to appear; in fact, apart from its famous smell and flavor, the growers understood it was one of the most productive and fast strains you can find – one of the first outdoor harvested strains.
Then, its Bilbo creators started to develop it commercially; Genehtik seed bank, Bilbo bank formed by amateur and professional growers, started to sell these seeds worldwide: these seeds made the bank famous, so they decided to make Kritikal Bilbo into their label; in fact, their current motto is “Put a Kritikal Bilbo in your life”. Its legend started to spread through cannabis world, and it is still going on.
HOW TO GROW IT
You do not have to be an expert to get good Kritikal Bilbo crop – not by a long chalk. One of its main characteristics is its resistance to fungi, plagues and diseases, and its outdoor strength; as previously mentioned, Kritikal was born in Bilbo – sad, rainy weather, so imagine its power and production in more favorable climate zones – or in indoor areas.
- Big distance between plants – very productive plants need growing space.
- Growing 1.4 EC, and flowering 2.4 EC.
- Growing, flowering or fattening, or pk fertilizers.
- Although fungi resistant, put it in sunny, hot places.
- Wires for big branches – no folding and breaking when flowering.
- For more info, check our outdoor-growing tip post.
- Differently from outdoor, it is better to put many plants altogether, and make them bloom as soon as possible – they usually spread, so growing space would be wasted.
- 9-10 Kritikal Bilbo/sq m.
- Flowering after 14 germination days – when flowering, it stretches a lot, almost tripled, so be careful.
- Growing 1.4 EC, and flowering 2.4 EC.
- Flowering and fattening fertilizers, or bud bursting product (pk) – average indoor growing is short, so vegetative compost is scarcely needed.
- Necessary anti-smell system – it is one of the most smelly genetics, so it could become a problem for your neighbors.
- Meshes and wires to control the growth – the weight could break the branches.
DATA SHEET, KEYS TO ITS SUCCESS
|Type:||75% Índica – 25% Sativa|
|Indoor production:||450-500 grs/sq m|
|Outdoor production:||Up to 1.5-2 kg plants!|
|Indoor flowering:||40-45 days from flowering start|
|Outdoor flowering:||Middle September (northern hemisphere) and March (southern hemisphere)|
|Smells and fragrances:||Sweet, citric, fruity, with flashy, intense fragrance|
|Effect:||Relaxing, cerebral and powerful|
|Genetics:||Afghan and Skunk (Mr. Nice’s Critical Mass offspring)|
|Resin:||Very abundant, ideal for all kinds of extractions|
|Structure:||Good branching but weak branches (wires are needed)|
Canna lab pic, with a real analysis of a Bilbo bud, provided by Genethik.
OUR BILBO, KRITIKAL PURPLE
Genethik Kritikal Bilbo has provided many cross-breeds and new marijuana strains; naturally, the best genetics always survive, providing new genetics and different cross-breeds: that is Gea Seeds stuff; after selection months, a perfect Bilbo parent plant was crossed with the famous Somango male: eventually, a new legend is born.
The original, unique smell and fragrance is kept, and Somango genes have provided better branching – stronger branches, solving the main original problem – weight folding and breaking goes down in history.
Together with the same flavor, fragrance and up high, Bilbo fast flowering and production are kept too; two simultaneous genetic crops – middle September (northern hemisphere) and March (southern hemisphere): undoubtedly, one of the fastest marijuana strains.
On our online store, you can buy this stunning genetics at the cheapest price you can find online; available in five formats or different packs – from three seeds to Kritikal 100 seed packs:
Try our Critical Purple Feminized
AWARDS AND CUPS WON BY KRITIKAL BILBO
Legendary marijuana strains have many cannabis awards and cups; actually, Kritikal Bilbo has 26 cups and awards from different fairs, parties and cannabis events.
Kritikal Bilbo cannabis awards and cups, in chronological order:
- Best general strain (High Life, Barcelona, 2004)
- Best indoor grow genetics (High Life, Barcelona, 2004)
- 2nd best indoor strain (High Life SanferWeed, Irún, 2008)
- Best seed (Expocannabis, Madrid, 2013)
- 3rd best indoor strain (I Cannaval Cup, Tenerife, 2014)
- Best BHO extraction strain (Axaruia Cup, Málaga, 2014)
- Best BHO extraction strain (M.F. Assoc. Cup, Burgos, 2014)
- 3rd best indoor strain (MallorCannabis, Majorca, 2014)
- 3rd best BHO extraction strain (MallorCannabis, Majorca, 2014)
- Best indoor genetics (Secret Cup, Naples, 2015)
- 3rd best BHO extraction strain (Canary Island Cup, 2015)
- 2nd most popular indica strain (Canary Island Cup, 2015)
- 2nd best BHO extraction strain (AsturCannabis, Asturies, 2015)
- 3rd best Rosin extraction strain (M.F. Assoc. Cup, Burgos, 2015)
- Best bank seed (Secret Cup, Naples, 2016)
- 2nd best BHO extraction strain (Secret Cup, Naples, 2016)
- 3rd best BHO extraction strain (Cannaval Cup, Tenerife, 2016)
- Best professional indoor strain (Green Skull Cup, Cantabria, 2016)
- 3rd best BHO extraction strain (Green Skull Cup, Cantabria, 2016)
- 3rd best Dry Sift or Pollen extraction strain (M.F. Winter Assoc. Cup, Burgos, 2016)
- Best BHO extraction strain (IV Herbes del Dimoni, Majorca, 2016)
- 2nd most popular indoor strain (Secret Cup, Naples, 2017)
- 3rd best extraction strain (Esmeralda Iquique Cup, Chile, 2018)
- Favorite professional grower strain (Secret Cup, Naples, 2018)
- Best extraction strain (Secret Cup, Naples, 2018)